I came across this post “From Hazy to Clear: How to Gain Clarity about your Life” from Deepak Chopra and I feel that some recommendations are not quite accurate and/or could be clearer expressed. See my adjustments in CAPITAL letters.ABOUT CONN
- Make your surroundings orderly and uncluttered. // YES, AGREE.
- Take a close look at stresses that need to be addressed. // IN OTHER WORDS: WHICH SITUATION/EXPERIENCE/PERSON GIVES YOU BACK WIND (=PUSHING YOU POSITIVELY FORWARD) AND WHICH DON’T. ONCE YOU FIGURED THAT OUT YOU HAVE 3 CHOICES: WALK AWAY, LIVE WITH IT OR CHANGE IT. IT’S THAT SIMPLE. KEEP IN MIND THAT THERE IS NO THING SUCH AS ‘STRESS’. WHEN YOU FEELING STRESS IS SIMPLY A SIGN THAT YOU BELIEVE YOU CAN’T HANDLE A CERTAIN SITUATION WELL (EMOTIONAL, MENTAL).
- Keep away from negative influences. // SEE ABOVE. IT’S COMMON SENSE.
- Find a friend or confidante who shares your vision of clarity and fulfillment. // IT HELPS IN THE BEGINNING BUT AT THE END OF THE DAY YOU ARE ALONE AND HAVE TO DEAL WITH IT. DON’T ALWAYS DEPEND ON A FRIEND.
- Center yourself several times a day whenever you feel distracted or unsettled. // BREATH SLOWLY DEEP IN AND OUT AND BECOME QUIET FOR A MOMENT.
- Go outside to experience the calm and inspiration of Nature. // EVEN BETTER: TAKE OFF YOUR SHOES AND CONNECT YOUR BARE FEET WITH EARTH FOR AT LEAST 15MIN A DAY. IT DOES WONDERS!
- Follow a regular, daily routine. // BORING! WE HUMANS ARE NOT MEANT TO DO REPETITIVE THINGS EVERY. INSTEAD, STOPE WHAT YOUR ARE DOING A FEW TIMES A DAY AND ASK YOURSELF: “WHAT COULD I BE DOING INSTEAD RIGHT NOW”?
- Get eight hours of good sleep every night. // NOPE! WE ALL HAVE DIFFERENT NEEDS FOR SLEEP DEPENDING ON AGE AND MENTAL/PHYSICAL CONDITION. I.E. I HAVE FOUND THAT A DURATION OF ABOUT 5 HOURS WORKS FOR ME THE BEST FEELING POWERFUL AND AGILE WHEN I AWAKE (IN COMBINATION WITH A 15 MIN SNOOZE IN LATE MORNING). FOLLOW UP WITH A OUTSIDE WALK, YOGA OR LIGHT WORKOUT. I RECOMMEND TO EXPERIMENT A BIT AND SEE WHAT FEELS BEST FOR YOU. KEEP IN MIND OF COURSE THAT IF YOU HAVE NO MOTIVATION/REASON TO GET UP IT WILL BE POINTLESS, YOU SIMPLY WILL TURN AROUND AND CONTINUE SLEEPING.